[VoiceOps] Request for Opinions: High density ATA's

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Tue Mar 26 17:54:48 EDT 2019

Yeah, I've had my eye on the 1- and 2-port versions, though I've never played with them.  It's good to hear that they appear to be roughly the same architecture.  For low-port-count ATAs, we have stuck to using old Motorola models (mostly because they've been solid as a rock and have a fantastic T.38 implementation), but if our supply of those finally ends up running dry, we may end up switching to these rather than to something like a SPA or (heaven forbid) Grandstream.

It cheesed me off to get the response from Yeastar that I did back then...I mean, if your product is largely built on the back of someone else's work, and you didn't bother to pay them to directly license that work from them, then the least you can do in exchange for getting to use their code *for free* to build your own business is honor their copyleft requirement, and not pretend like it's your IP.  Also, I'd argue that having a product on the market that end-users or VARs can roll their own value-added firmware for using their own development staff would *increase* the value of your product, and make it wholly unique.  But I'm just a network admin, so what do I know...

-- Nathan