[VoiceOps] Ringing problems

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx+voiceops at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 15:47:57 EDT 2019

Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business platforms do the '183 w/SDP-then-180
response to INVITE' all the time.

When I worked with AcmePacket SBCs, and connecting to MSFT platforms to
PSTN/carrier, for inbound calls we had the SBC change any 183 response to
180 and delete the SDP before sending the response to a PSTN connection.
That way the PSTN only sees 180, and ringback generation from the
originating side continues.