[VoiceOps] Disclosing Restricted Caller ID to customer

Nick Olsen nick at floridavirtualsolutions.com
Mon Sep 9 12:50:02 EDT 2019

Greetings all, Had an interesting case come up today that I wanted some
feedback on.

Customer called claiming they had been receiving harassing calls to their
business number, But the calls were caller ID blocked (Caller likely dialed
*67 before the call). I found the CDR's for the call in question, And sure
enough "Anonymous" <Restricted> was the displayed Calling number and CNAM.

Out of curiosity, I went and pulled the capture of the same call from
Homer. And sure enough, The actual calling number is delivered in the
Remote-Party-ID field, With Privacy=full.

Obviously, The caller asked for... and expected that data to be private.
What's everyones thoughts on the legality of disclosing that information to
my customer receiving the call? Would you provide it on request to the end
user? Or limit that information only if requested by legal request? (Court
order or request from law enforcement)

*Nick Olsen*
Network Engineer
Office: 321-408-5000 x103