[VoiceOps] Comcast - Data Side?

Mark Wiles mwiles at akabis.com
Fri Aug 14 13:45:41 EDT 2020

Anyone from Comcast monitoring here?

I know it's a long shot; but, we have a wholesale partner in GA that resells our hosted services.
They have Comcast internet in their office, and many of their customers also use Comcast.
Within the past few weeks, they've started having degradation of voice quality; but it appears their customers/traffic not traversing Comcast are not seeing this.
They test with softphone using cellular data... issue's not there.  They move their office over to their backup (a WOW cable model), and so far, not seeing the issue either.

Our wholesale partner opened a ticket with Comcast, and was told their level was low, and they'll be out to visit on Monday.  While that could be true, it seems unlikely all of the partner customers seeing this issue also suffer from low signal levels.

If there's someone with Comcast here, and would like to go the extra mile for a customer, we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Mark