[VoiceOps] Provider CDRs

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Feb 5 15:54:09 EST 2020

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 02:50:33PM -0600, Mike Hammett wrote:

> Is anyone keeping CDRs from all providers you connect to? I don't mean
> CDRs your system generates, but ones they generate. The only reason I
> could think of is to verify your invoices, but I'm not sure that's a
> big deal or worth it.

I can say that one of the primary utilities of our LCR / routing product
is that it rates calls in real-time, generating separate cost data for
the applicable retail rate to the customer and also the applicable rate
in the provider's rate deck. That allows users of our system to
sanity-check their vendor bills.

All that to say, I don't think anyone keeps _vendor_ CDRs for this
purpose unless some sort of forensic troubleshooting is required. But
people are acutely interested in keeping an eye on their vendor costs,
minute revenue and gross margins in real time.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)