[VoiceOps] Provider CDRs

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Wed Feb 5 15:50:33 EST 2020

While working to migrate billing systems, I asked our consultant to do X, Y, and Z because that's all I thought was involved. Metaswitch FTPs the info to the billing server, Perl script runs, dumps it into a database.

Apparently, there are other scripts on there that do a variety of other things I didn't know about.

One of them FTPs into one of our termination providers, pulls down a file, and puts it into a database. Great, except they only set up that process for one termination provider, not the other one. It also hasn't worked in five years (probably due to M&A and deprecated systems), so whatever it was doing, we're not getting the benefit of anymore.

Is anyone keeping CDRs from all providers you connect to? I don't mean CDRs your system generates, but ones they generate. The only reason I could think of is to verify your invoices, but I'm not sure that's a big deal or worth it.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com