[VoiceOps] RAY BAUMS Act - How are people planning on complying?

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 12:46:52 EST 2020

I believe that the stickers on home phones may not really cover the
liability.  The wording is something like:  A phone or device that a person
would reasonably assume can call emergency services."  So the softphone is
obviously different, but a physical phone at home seems like it must still
work properly.

I have NOT been able to get anyone to tell me this for sure, and I've had
various trainings on the matter.  So I think the answer is "nobody knows"
and the answer will cost some company tens of millions of dollars in court.