[VoiceOps] Get ready for a weird dialplan change. 9-8-8 suicide hotline.

Brandon Svec bsvec at teamonesolutions.com
Sun Jul 19 01:42:20 EDT 2020

Great idea to do it now for whomever would like to. It looks like this is
just an announcement with no details around implementation yet, but anyone
managing a PBX or voip resellers, etc. should be able to allow this quite
easily.

Presumably this will be handled at the LEC level and everyone else just
needs to let the digits out.

I know it is not unusual to have to forward 911 and 411. The former to make
sure calls get routes to the correct location and the latter to save money.

-bjs

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 7:53 PM Mark R Lindsey, ECG <lindsey at e-c-group.com>
wrote:

> Fortunately, all we have to do is setup call forwarding for 988 calls to
> go to +1-800-273-8255
>
> If anyone here would like to help, they can send me the config steps
> necessary to make this work on the platforms you manage. I’ll collect and
> publish them (tentatively at http://988.support/ ).
>
> For me, the health-and-safety element of voice telecom is a big part of
> the reason it’s important. People depend on us — in a small way — for their
> safety.
>
>> Mark R Lindsey ECG +1-229-316-0013
>
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 21:45 Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:
>
>> This should be fun. FCC is designating 9-8-8 as a service code.
>>

>> https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-designates-988-national-suicide-prevention-lifeline
>>
>> --
>> Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
>> Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
>> 503 897-8550 - WB6RDV
>>
> --
> Mark R Lindsey | Senior Member of Technical Staff / VP
> +1-229-316-0013 | Calendar: https://ecg.co/lindsey

Brandon Svec
15106862204 voice | sms

teamonesolutions.com
14729 Catalina St. San Leandro, CA 94577

.ılı.ılı. Cisco Meraki CMNA