[VoiceOps] Get ready for a weird dialplan change. 9-8-8 suicide hotline.

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Sun Jul 19 17:18:19 EDT 2020

We play them a little audio telling them that they dialled 9 for an outside line but that they don't need to, and that the call will now be put through for them anyway (with the 9 stripped off). It adds about 4 seconds onto the setup time per call playing the audio and usually only takes 2 or 3 calls per user before they've re-programmed themselves not to trigger it any more :)

(and the fax machines never notice)

Pete