[VoiceOps] NENA SIP Marking Specifications

Hiers, David David.Hiers at cdk.com
Tue Mar 17 18:45:25 EDT 2020

Hi Brian,

That standard applies to " Emergency Services IP Networks", which, by definition, are entirely private.   They control their entire universe; there is simply no reason for NENA to care about default behavior of any device or network.

As to why they picked these values...  I have no idea, but they defined 'most networks' as out of scope, so why not?

David