[VoiceOps] Coronavirus Traffic Patterns

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Tue Mar 24 13:54:24 EDT 2020

We would normally see 350 conversational channels peak outbound Monday
through Thursday with some lower traffic on Friday. After the COVID-19 WFH
swing, we see some days that are 400+ channels sustained and other days its
lower around 300. I haven't been able to find a pattern.

If you have conference calls scheduled, please move them off of the top of
the hour and onto say 15, 30, 45 after the hour. It kind of helps flatten
that curve out a bit to TF numbers and other systems seeing a spike in
calls per second to DIDs at the top of the hour.