[VoiceOps] Requirements for SHAKEN service providers

Zilk, David David.Zilk at cdk.com
Thu Mar 26 14:51:54 EDT 2020

There are three requirements for a Service Provider to be included in the SHAKEN ecosystem:

1.       Service Provider must have an OCN

2.       Service Provider must have a current Form 499-A filed with the FCC

3.       Service Provider must have direct access to telephone numbers from the North American Number Plan Administrator (NANPA) and National Pooling Administrator (NPA)

My company meets the first two requirements as we have an OCN as an interconnected voice provider (IPES) and a current Form 499-A filed, however we obtain telephone numbers from our carriers, and don't have our own numbers assigned from NANPA and NPA.  How do we determine if we are eligible to obtain numbers and thus be qualified to play in the SHAKEN ecosystem?

David

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.