[VoiceOps] Three Digit Numbers

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Mar 24 12:04:43 EDT 2020

On 03/24/20 09:52 -0500, Mike Hammett wrote:
>What three digit numbers are commonly in use and how are people routing them?
>
>Obviously there's 911 and that has a whole routing ecosystem.
>What about 811? 311? X11?
>
>What other special numbers are people handling?

I don't know how common these all are, but we send the following to the
Tulsa tandem trunks:

411 - Info
911 - Emergency
211 - "Help Line"
311 - "Who am I" (this is on switch)
811 - "Okie - Call before you dig"
100 - Bell Milliwatt Test, Single
101 - Bell test number for "Call did not go through"
102 - Bell Milliwatt Test, Repeating
103 - Bell test number for "The number is temporarily unavailable"
104 - Bell test number for unknown digital signal
105 - Bell test number that never completes
106 - Bell test number for busy
108 - Bell echo test
(we also send all 100-120 calls to the tandem, but the rest don't
do anything)

Towards our e911 trunks we also send 933 which is a test number, that
reads back the registered 911 location.

988 is in the works for a suicide hotline:

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/787753893/fcc-approves-plan-for-3-digit-suicide-prevention-number-like-911

--
Dan White
Network Admin Lead