[VoiceOps] 3CX Trunk Unregistering

Pete Eisengrein peeip989 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:46:42 EDT 2020

Hi all.

I have a customer running 3CX who sometimes has calling problems because
the trunk becomes unregistered from our Broadworks platform. When you look
at the REGISTERs, there are a couple peculiarities:

   1. 3CX sends an un-REGISTER (expires=0) right before it re-REGISTERs
   rather than just re-registering the session
   2. 3CX sometimes, but not always, starts a new session (new Call-ID) for
   the "new" REGISTER rather than simply refreshing the existing session
   3. Not a problem, but something I find odd and worth mentioning is that
   it sends the User-Agent info when it un-registers but *not *when it
   registers

The problem comes in when we get the un-REGISTER but it is not followed by
a new REGISTER and calls begin to fail. The customer is obviously
frustrated and is expecting *me *to do something about it, but....

Anyone familiar with 3CX and can give advice? Any idea why it behaves this
way? They're running v16.0.5.619 (based on #3 above).

Thanks in advance.
-Pete