[VoiceOps] Connecting to Remote Tandems

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed Feb 10 14:09:28 EST 2021

They still do it....I just helped a client connect with them recently.
All the PSTN Connection providers prefer that CLECs get certified as
IPES providers though because AT&T and Lumen (fka CenturyLink) will only
allow the PSTN connection providers to add IPES NXXs to their existing
trunks. AT&T and Lumen make the PSTN connection providers install
separate trunk groups for CLEC NXXs.

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969