[VoiceOps] USF is 33.4% for 2Q2021

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jun 10 16:29:08 EDT 2021

On 6/10/21 4:19 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:

> $3.19 is right around 24% of 33.4% of $39.95. Maybe Comcast's traffic
> studies show that 24% of phone traffic is interstate, so that's the
> amount that gets the USF charge?
It had been my impression that the FCC rather particularly insisted on a
small number of standardised methodologies for calculating the USF fees
recovered from end-customers. That would be in order to prevent opaque
schemes in which the fees are marked up further through some convoluted,
abstruse arithmetic.

Based on that, it seems doubtful that they one can just amortise the
aggregate pro rata share of interstate revenue across the entire
customer base, regardless of whether the customer in question does much
interstate calling themselves.

Or am I wrong?

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)