[VoiceOps] Call Quality

mgraves mstvp.com mgraves at mstvp.com
Mon Jun 14 18:20:52 EDT 2021

That’s nice. However, a simple headset with a boom mounted microphone is a vast improvement over a typical situation.

Even a cheap one from Koss. https://www.zipdx.info/product-review-koss-cs300-usb-headset/

We have a special service for use by conference interpreters like those who work for the UN. We have to occasionally review headsets to verify reliable, full-duplex performance.

There are some USB audio interface chips that degrade microphone performance while in the presence of incoming sound. It’s a faulty echo cancellation scheme implemented in silicon.

Michael Graves
mgraves at mstvp.com<mailto:mgraves at mstvp.com>
o: (713) 861-4005