[VoiceOps] Call Quality

Mike Johnston mjohnston at wiktel.com
Wed Jun 16 16:04:58 EDT 2021

On 2021-06-14 12:07, Richard Jobson wrote:
> before going to the PSTN which is clamped at G.711 narrowband

This is starting to get a /little/ bit better, but progress is painfully
slow.  For example, Inteliquent supports G722, you just need to ask for
it to be enabled on your SIP trunks with them.  They won't transcode,
just allow the negotiation to pass through.  Within my telco we enable
G722 wherever possible and encourage SIP PBX subscribers to also support
it all the way through to their phones.  We now have hundreds of
endpoints that will negotiate G722 over the PSTN via Inteliquent.