[VoiceOps] Robocall Mitigation in lieu of STIR/SHAKEN

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Thu Mar 11 01:22:21 EST 2021

I don't know if this will pass muster or not, and I don't think it will be too long before we can have full S/S up and running anyway, but we don't allow and have never allowed any of our customers to send a value for CLID that does not match a number linked to their account.  Full stop.  If they transmit a number that isn't actually provisioned on their account, we don't block the call, but the CLID gets forcibly overwritten with their BTN instead.  We simply won't allow a CLID spoof.

Now, if they want to use us only for some of their term & have a bunch of numbers from another provider that they wish to source calls from through us, we will whitelist those numbers on their account on our side, but only after they have first supplied us with sufficient documentation / proof of ownership of those numbers.

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC