[VoiceOps] Robocall mitigation SCAM!

Mark Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Wed May 26 15:50:58 EDT 2021

Good tips, Mary Lou!

Do you think there's potentially any good intentions behind the advice to leave the traffic up?

In the cybersecurity space, authorities will say that if your network has been compromised, you shouldn't immediately shutdown the hacked systems. For example, just this past September, this Joint Cybersecurity Advisory (AA20-245A) from the US and a few other governments...
https://us-cert.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/AA20-245A-Joint_CSA-Technical_Approaches_to_Uncovering_Malicious_Activity_508.pdf

Under actions to avoid:
"Mitigating the affected systems before responders can protect and recover data
 - This can cause the loss of volatile data such as memory and other host-based artifacts.
 - The adversary may notice and change their tactics, techniques, and procedures."

Mark R Lindsey, SMTS | +1-229-316-0013 | mark at ecg.co | https://ecg.co/lindsey/ <https://ecg.co/lindsey/>