[VoiceOps] Robocall mitigation SCAM!

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed May 26 16:25:07 EDT 2021

I understand it might provide helpful information, but from the sound of
it these carriers were punished for keeping the traffic up as they were
instructed to do. No one at the ITG or large carrier took responsibility
for advising the carrier to keep the traffic up so either the right hand
didn't know what the left hand is doing or there's some funny business
going on. I'd say document the calls as much as possible and then turn
them down. Better to not let it go through than to keep passing it and
open yourselves up for retaliatory actions. You can always remove the
block once the investigators get involved, and help them at that point
but when you do nothing to stop it then it makes you look guilty even if
you were just trying to help.

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969