[VoiceOps] LRN and valid values

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Thu May 27 00:19:42 EDT 2021

> I don't know. I cannot seem to get my carrier to identify a situation where
> I would want to terminate a call and the LRN I would get back would be
> 732040xxxx or similar.

It never will. The code is unrouteable. I'm sure it exists in the LERG somewhere for some sort of pANI or billing purpose, but that doesn't make it a routable code.

> I'm trying to figure out if I don't know something or if my termination carrier is mildly nutso.

The people making the rate deck have no idea how the network actually works. They just think it costs X to terminate a call to pac bell or whatever so they include it, despite it not being a dialable code.

> Unless it will occur and there's something I don't know or understand.

In 20 years of running telcodata.us <http://telcodata.us/>, and 15 years of running the network of a regional CLEC, I've never seen any code like that in the network outside of AT&T's weird BTNs (313-K60-xxxx and such) but those again, aren't billable and in that case aren't even really numbers and in any case, don't appear in the PSTN at all, just in category 11 files and on bills and ASRs and LSRs)

-Paul