[VoiceOps] Interesting proactive email from Telnyx

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:39:29 EST 2021

We're just barely trying them out, mostly for SMS.  Prices seem pretty high
compared to our other providers so it's really just a convenience/test at
this point.  But this was interesting:

Dear customer,

Telnyx has reason to believe that sip.telnyx.com will be targeted in a
subsequent DDoS attack tomorrow (Monday the 15th of Nov). During attacks,
it is likely we will block traffic from non-trusted sources.

To help achieve this Telnyx has proactively created a list of trusted IPs
using customer authentication IPs, successful registrations, and historical
traffic. However, we strongly encourage all customers to check their
records and add any IP that they may be using, to their Access Control IP
List as per the following instructions:
https://telnyx.com/release-notes/allowed-ip-mission-control
<http://email.mg.telnyx.com/c/eJydUU1zmzAQ_TVwYfBgBAgOHIypa3twJk7sOu2FkcXiqBGIChnH_vUVJG1Ij9Vo9LVv33u7oqRqCDvVhp9IoKxhUKu8EBVh-imNWc0UIwr4hIrKpB9g0Aiet-fjT6CqR-6A19dXy7buhdIcjHDrEWTHKFgrnUUVq0_Wl06HzCImblCU4ZivI1LrMDGozkWtpOAmi13HnerhO57nIDzBuCxxiEIPlQEqKBieU50mapAeHD7HbllQFxdRUToBQlM39EhwxEF59LALRYhNGVMiuWh17ufqePysVNMaaGa4Cz0_aPVFAgfSgl3r6lp9J5yLCxQ2a-yKta02btM31wZadCBFzgoDpe9Srv-PmOEGA0jndBrmPWZrvnyanX7lr7Pvq5egYQ-Y770ZLzfb5CG6_XDSJ3HOvl3O60u6yVC087vd105sss2yzI549wLJ4bCKFrZPkzvY3w67LlmsK1HN59vbfrnVFlA6LOOu_9__jQj-HPtqNUk0jZDjjAGNFL1CXpMKesS9ZBWR1zFEXZshdAeXloNSID9FoWq4bttfBlPFfeveN_tN0o6iIArwb_jr8nE>

Thank you for your understanding,

The Telnyx Team

Thing is though, they don't seem to let you whitelist a subnet or range.
Entering a couple dozen IPs is not great.