[VoiceOps] some of my customers DID show as Possible Spam

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Nov 19 13:03:55 EST 2021

On 11/19/21 06:46, Mike Hammett wrote:
> I think you're conflating politician SPAM marketing and government body
> research.

They're both unsolicited and bulk.

There's a rather blurry line between a government body research survey
and a political message. Government bodies are run by politicians, after
all.

Being alerted that an incoming call is unsolicited and bulk before
answering is a good thing for the consumer IMHO. If I'm busy I'll let it
go to voice mail. If they actually care, they'll leave a message. If
it's relevant I'll call them back at my convenience. If it's not, that's
a minute or two of my time not wasted.

The volume of unsolicited bulk phone calls today is such that many
people simply don't answer the phone unless they recognize the CNAM or
caller-ID. If you're running a legitimate outbound call center, be
prepared to leave messages on voicemail.

Maybe a display of "BULK CALL" instead of "SPAM RISK" would be a good
compromise, but as a consumer I appreciate knowing in advance.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV