[VoiceOps] Calls Not Reaching Us

Josh Tressler jtressler at decaturcounty.in.gov
Wed Oct 27 17:28:04 EDT 2021

I've been out of this game "day-to-day" for a year or so now, but before I left, we were finally able to utilize the "rural call completion" contact at the originating carrier to start these inquiries. I spent many many hours working with carriers and the originating customer to try and start a ticket on their end. After the posting of those specific contacts, it became slightly easier to initiate an investigation from the remote end, and the provide SAS (metaswitch shop) information (or lack of) to the carrier to work through the routing issues. 9 times out of 10, adjusting the LCR in and intermediate carrier magically fixed the issue.

Just my $0.02...

--
Josh Tressler
Public Safety Network Engineer