[VoiceOps] Ray Baum's act and all-softphone deployments

Mark Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Mon Sep 27 16:01:14 EDT 2021

The NG911 researchers really don't want to look at the source IP of the registration: they want to get the best available location data from the mobile device (including GPS and tower-assisted data) and send that to the PSAP.

I'm hoping we'll someday rfc6442 finally put to work in VoIP applications to fetch the location from the operating system and then send it with the 911 call.