[VoiceOps] thinQ is making hay while Bandwidth is down

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Sep 27 17:43:48 EDT 2021

On 9/27/21 14:17, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> This seems to be a bit disingenuous.  I don't believe that they can
> multi-home or move DIDs quickly?  Or am I wrong?  Could they actually
> solve the current problem?  DIDs are the only issue; we simply moved
> outbound.

This looks like a marketing piece that doesn't address the current
problem at all.

They're saying that once they have the DID, they can dynamically route
it to you to work around *your* power outage, disaster, etc.

TTBOMK, moving a DID from one carrier to another still requires going
through the port process, which is neither quick nor always trouble-free.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV