[VoiceOps] thinQ is making hay while Bandwidth is down

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Mon Sep 27 22:05:45 EDT 2021

Link to the marketing?

My POC at Thinq said they could internally port US Local DIDs between three
carriers. I challenged him on that too. He said he'd get back to me on the
how.

Before November 2020, we could complete a Port In through Bandwidth from
most wireless carriers and a few bonded carriers in 2 hours. Then they
blocked that and forced it to be 24 hours minimum. We can trigger the port
early the day of the FOC, but it still killed our speed.

I know it is technically possible to port in 2 hours because I have
completed 223 Port Ins between February 20, 2018 and November 19, 2020 all
in 2 hours or less.

Since Nov 20, 2020, we've completed only 33 Ports in less than 24 hours,
the fastest was 12.5 hours, average is 18 hours.

Beckman