[VoiceOps] thinQ is making hay while Bandwidth is down

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Sep 28 13:29:50 EDT 2021

On 9/27/21 19:05, Peter Beckman wrote:
> Link to the marketing?

The original post in this thread quoting Thinq's claims reads like an
advertisement.

This was sent to the list by Carlos Alvarez on 9/27 at 14:17 PDT. He
said that it seemed disingenuous, and I agree.

> My POC at Thinq said they could internally port US Local DIDs between three
> carriers. I challenged him on that too. He said he'd get back to me on the
> how.

Unless the other two are wholly owned subsidiaries of Thinq or some
specialty carrier with which Thinq has a relationship, I wouldn't hold
my breath. On a non-trivial percentage of our ports we'll run into
issues with the losing carrier throwing cruft at the process that can
slow it down by days.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV