[VoiceOps] thinQ is making hay while Bandwidth is down

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Tue Sep 28 15:52:16 EDT 2021

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021, Jay Hennigan wrote:

> Unless the other two are wholly owned subsidiaries of Thinq or some specialty
> carrier with which Thinq has a relationship, I wouldn't hold my breath. On a
> non-trivial percentage of our ports we'll run into issues with the losing
> carrier throwing cruft at the process that can slow it down by days.

  Same. Though if I have business relationships with the three carriers, and
  I proactively ensure that I understand each of their porting process steps
  and proactively ensure that I have the correct CSR data for every DID I
  have with each carrier, AND each of those carriers have automated systems
  for Port Out approval, it could be accomplished.

  As I mentioned before, we were doing 2 hour submission to completion Port
  Ins with Bandwidth from wireless and bonded carriers. Until BW forced it
  to be a minimum of 24 hours, sadly.