[VoiceOps] Activation Timing

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Fri Apr 29 15:16:47 EDT 2022

I'm trying to develop some new rules for dates we choose for porting.

We have to build outside plant for most customers to accommodate their turn-up. The customers generally don't understand why the phone isn't alive when the tech is on-scene, but the tech has to go on-scene to build the infrastructure.

Is it reasonable to choose a port date that seems like it would work, then bump the activation day by day if OSP has encountered any issues?

I would like to think that by not *activating* the port and rescheduling it for the next day, everything would still work correctly, but I'd rather be right than lucky.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com