[VoiceOps] Port Away Cancel Service

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Thu Dec 29 15:21:09 EST 2022

I have two conflicting opinions in my head (origin unknown) of what to do with the subscriber's service when they port away. In the absence of requirements, what are people generally doing?

1) They've ported a given number away, so clearly they don't want our service. Terminate the service and enact any termination provisions in their agreement.
2) Contact the customer (after the port is complete) and confirm their intention to cancel. Terminate the service and enact any termination provisions in their agreement.
3) Contact the customer (once the LSR is received) and confirm their intention to cancel. Terminate the service and enact any termination provisions in their agreement.
4) Do nothing different until the customer contacts you to cancel.
5) Something else.

Number 3 seems like the one most likely to have a regulatory issue, given that you're contacting the customer during the port process, but I think as long as you don't do any retention attempts, you're alright.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com