[VoiceOps] SentryPeer: A distributed peer to peer list of bad IP addresses and phone numbers collected via a SIP Honeypot

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretec.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 04:34:21 EST 2022

On Mon, 3 Jan 2022, 03:22 Jim O'Brien, <jimdoesvoip at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gavin,
>   Thanks for sharing.  In many ways your project reminds me of Fred
> Posner’s APIBAN.  I like your approach here with SentryPeer allowing an
> operator to run their own systems and choose to share with and receive IPs
> from others!  These piecs are fantastic!  Once the crush of coming back
> from holidays is over I cannot wait to give this a try.
>
> Best,
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim. APIBAN, for now, doesn't publish B numbers. I just added
responsive mode (replying to probes so they then try proper INVITEs), but
haven't committed it yet and the numbers API so you can check customer
calling attempts.

I'm also adding a SIP agent mode too for SIP redirects. The plan is you
just run in agent mode with replication on (replication coming soon) as a
mini SIP proxy etc.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/surevoip_sip-sip-fraudprevention-activity-6882708550662070272-9HDL

I've also done an RPM and Dockerfile / Dockerhub container and my first
ever proper debian package! That was a long time dream of mine as I thought
debs were so hard compared to an RPM spec.

https://github.com/SentryPeer/SentryPeer/releases/tag/v0.0.4

Just got Debian salsa git repo access this morning too so I can start to
get it into Debian proper, hopefully.

Gavin.