[VoiceOps] VoIP is a restricted business?

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:43:38 EST 2022

I'm not aware of some VoIP banking issue in the US, but you didn't specify
the country.  I've never heard of Wise.  But I don't think "VoIP" is an
industry, category, or business type.  We always choose "telecom" as the
type.  Paypal and Amex recently made a change where if you choose telecom
as your industry, you cannot use Paypal enhanced payments (new system)
along with Amex and with third party billing solutions.  What a weird
combo, and a pain.  We appealed and have no response, but someone just told
me yesterday that they paid with an Amex.

Individual companies may have their own policies, like this.  Wells Fargo
and Chase, I can tell you from experience, is happy to have our business.