[VoiceOps] Caller ID Spoofing Fraud

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Tue Jan 25 10:47:36 EST 2022

Hi

Not sure about where you are but here in Italy if you are the provider for the number being abused you can open the fraud claim.
In the sense that if a number from one of your number blocks is being spoofed, you are required to report the improper use of the number when you become aware of such usage.
This registers the complaint and can start the traceback etc. and helps indemnify you in case anything bad does happen from the spoofing.
It's a number assigned to you,  you knew it was being abused and did not do anything about it ?
Is  not a conversation I would like to have with the authorities here.

Brian