[VoiceOps] Caller ID Spoofing Fraud

Mark Wiles mwiles at akabis.com
Tue Jan 25 10:29:13 EST 2022

Having been down this path.. yes sir.

-----Original Message-----
From: VoiceOps <voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org> On Behalf Of Nate Burke
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 10:11 AM
To: voiceops at voiceops.org
Subject: [VoiceOps] Caller ID Spoofing Fraud

One of my customers is having his Caller ID number spoofed when a fraudster calls his Payroll company, and is trying to get the payroll company to make changes to his account.  The Payroll company does make a return call to verify a password with my customer, so no fraud has happened yet.

There is nothing that I can do for my customer to assist with this, since I'm not involved anywhere in the call path, correct?  The payroll company would have to open a fraud report with their carrier for any investigation?

Nate Burke
Blast Communications