[VoiceOps] [External] Re: 9-8-8 dialing when an outside line access code (9) is being used

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Mon Jul 18 19:19:04 EDT 2022

Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> Do your users still dial 9 from their fax machines?

Not sure if serious or "haha your users probably still use fax
machines" joke.  So I'll give a serious answer just in case: I can't
recall ever running across a single instance of someone who has their
fax line routed through their "conventional" PBX.  So they never dialed
9 from their fax machine to begin with.  And also since nobody expects
to be able to dial local extensions from their fax machine, we set up a
separate dialing plan for the fax port on the ATA that does not require
the external line prefix.

-- Nathan