[VoiceOps] SIP Trunk Failover

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Jun 8 22:30:16 EDT 2022

On 6/8/22 19:13, Calvin Ellison wrote:
> If your SIP trunk provider were to offer failover, would you prefer to
> configure that failover per DID/TFN or for the entire SIP trunk?
>
> Failover might include another number, an IVR, voicemail, a ring group,
> another SIP trunk, a voice reject, or something else.

We offer this and it's very customer specific. In some cases they'll
want the entire trunk to reroute to the main number of a backup
location, in some cases the whole trunk to an emergency IVR/voicemail,
in some cases per-DID to individual cell phones, etc.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV