[VoiceOps] SIP Trunk Failover

Eric Wieling ewieling at nyigc.com
Sat Jun 11 14:53:22 EDT 2022

On 6/10/22 03:51, Brian Turnbow wrote:
>> On 2022-06-09 14:42, Peter Beckman wrote:
>>> Maybe a better question: When providing SIP Trunk Failover as a
>>> feature, what do customer accounts use more often -- per TN or everything?
>>
>> Everything.  It is rare for the customer to request different failover behaviors
>> for different DIDs.  At least that is my experience.
>
> Yes we mainly use secondary IP for trunk failover combined with forwarding to secondary tel number if that fails on a per trunk basis.
> Different DID forwarding is mainly for customers with hosted centrex/pbx type services, where each DID has its own config.

When an IP is available from a different ISP on the CPE side, I set up 2
GRE tunnels with keep-alives enabled into our core.  From there it is
easy to set up static routes for failover.

This makes everything transparent to the application layer.  I use a
short keep-alive interval to reduce the time it takes to failover.  We
use Juniper in our core and Adtran routers for the CPEs

We can also do per TN forwarding/failover for customers without a second
internet connection or who only want to forward one number.

--
http://help.nyigc.net/