[VoiceOps] STIR for intra-net calls

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jun 27 15:03:05 EDT 2022

I suppose it’s a naive question, but why would equipment necessarily mark an on-net call as un-attested to the end-customer? Customers don’t see PASSportTs, they just get a ‘verified’ attribute or whatnot, as I understand it. If PASSporTs are an intra-industrial concept, why can’t the ‘verified’ attribute be set on the outgoing leg anyway, i.e. why can’t the equipment be configured to effectively attest all on-net calls?

Or are we talking about customers who do get the full attestation headers and interrogate them?

— Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)