[VoiceOps] STIR for intra-net calls

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Mon Jun 27 18:01:21 EDT 2022

Alex Balashov wrote:

> Or are we talking about customers who do get the full attestation headers and interrogate them?

Precisely this.  If we ever get such a customer, and if at that time we've finally arrived at a world where it's expected that 100% of inbound calls [at least at provider's edge] are attested, and thus this customer's expectations have been calibrated to expect the same of calls that they receive via us (and they're planning on dropping any inbound calls without a valid PASSporT) even though they are paying us for SIP trunking and aren't a "peer" of ours, if a different customer of ours calls them, are we supposed to generate & transmit an Identity header for that INVITE?  It seems weird to do so, but I could potentially see such a scenario playing out, eventually.

-- Nathan