[VoiceOps] Arbitration or Peering?

Jared Geiger compuwizz at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:47:27 EDT 2022

This blog post from Transnexus highlights a filing Inteliquent placed with
the FCC about an Arbitrage Scheme.
https://transnexus.com/blog/2022/access-arbitrage-rules-discussion/

The link is broken to the original filing so I can't read the full details.

Maybe I'm not understanding the full complaint, but Inteliquent is
expecting a lot of traffic to come through them to the IPES's number ranges
but they aren't getting the traffic. The "Wholesale Inbound Provider"
instead is getting the traffic.

Wouldn't this just be similar to private peering between providers? I've
had "10 Digit peering" service before from a vendor but that product went
away a few years ago.

~Jared