[VoiceOps] Metaswitch Loopback

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Tue Nov 8 10:38:35 EST 2022

I'm working a situation where I need to rewrite my called number to a toll-free number. Because the rewriting happens after Metaswitch does the toll-free lookup, the tandem rejects the call as there's no dip.

Metaswitch support had me route the call to a SIP loopback trunk, but that also fails because I don't accept transit calls. I saw the warning in the Metaswitch KB about enabling transit calls, so that doesn't excite me.

Are there other ways of skinning this cat, aside from rewriting to a non-toll-free number? Why I'm hesitant to do that is the goal here is to dump calls out a TDM provider instead of a SIP provider. These are priority calls and I want a backup to IP-based solutions. We don't have agreements with any TDM termination providers, so that path doesn't seem feasible either.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com