[VoiceOps] Lack of Sandbox

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Tue Oct 11 17:13:32 EDT 2022

How common is it for an upstream provider (in this case someone that manages 911 networks) to not have a sandbox, testing number, or anything of any kind to allow you to test that you've done everything right, short of just sending 911 calls in production? Most of my third-party DID providers have various (well, usually 933) numbers to test that you're routing correctly, are getting the right information returned, etc. One (the one on the LEC side of the house) has no mechanism for such.

To quote Bill O'Reilly, "We'll do it live!". To me that seems like a gaping, obvious problem that any idiot long before me should have pointed out and resolved by now.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com