[VoiceOps] Alarm panels and how they dial DTMF digits - pots migration from DMS to Metaswitch issue

Matthew Yaklin myaklin at firstlight.net
Mon Feb 13 16:20:44 EST 2023

----- ADTRAN went straight to examining the dialing-plan in the TA5000 when I shared my config with them for those exact reasons. We both agreed since digits were missing in the middle in many cases this was probably not a dialing-plan issue or DTMF/pulse dial issue. They signed off on our config as proper.

----- My last hopeful attempt is that ADTRAN appears to have engineering superuser temporary passwords for the TA5000 that can see things I cannot. So I have to get a test scheduled with them. I had a tech out at a GR303/TA750 site today and no matter what we tried those two digits in my previous example were always missing.

----- I just need to motivate people to keep working this as people above us said why are we spending this much time on a dozen pots lines and the alarm vendor is difficult to work with. They can go to Verizon or get that cell phone setup for alarm panels. Killing off a DMS switch is a big savings and each month costs $$$.