[VoiceOps] Alarm panels and how they dial DTMF digits - pots migration from DMS to Metaswitch issue

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Feb 13 19:57:10 EST 2023

On 2/13/23 14:35, Peter Beckman via VoiceOps wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2023, Matthew Yaklin via VoiceOps wrote:
>
>> What I am seeing is that the DMS was collecting the digits properly
>> before the cutover. Yet our migrated to setup is having trouble. We see
>> missing digits in most cases or other oddities. It does appear the alarm
>> panels are dialing within DTMF specs. Duration of the DTMF is approx 95
>> ms. A DTMF signal separated by a 150-200 ms pause.
>
>   Can you modify this timing to something longer? Like 250ms tone, 250ms
>   space/delay?

Anything greater than 35ms on, 35 ms off typically works, 50 on, 50 off
for sure. Won my share of radio station contests back in the day before
the PRI guys came along.

I agree that auto-ringdown would be something to try unless the alarm
panel is too smart for its own good and just sits there waiting for dial
tone.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV