[VoiceOps] Off-Net Numbers

Paul Timmins ptimmins at clearrate.com
Fri Mar 17 23:32:39 EDT 2023

I mean, call them and see what trunk group they come in on. Surely there must be a hint like that somewhere. They can't come in out of thin air.

On Mar 17, 2023, at 4:25 PM, Mike Hammett via VoiceOps <voiceops at voiceops.org> wrote:

Historically, we used multiple entities to get us off-net numbers. Who, what, when, I don't know.

I have off-net numbers configured in my Metaswitch where I don't know who our upstream was, if we still have them, who they belonged to, etc. I can easily figure out what CLEC has them now, but we all know that there was probably someone between me and them, I just don't know who.

Is there any likelihood of being able to determine that? I assume the different CLECs that "own" these numbers are not going to tell me who their reseller was, for me to then follow up with.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com<http://www.ics-il.com/>