[VoiceOps] Releasing numbers back to original carrier

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Mon May 15 13:35:44 EDT 2023

 There are some requirements for number utilization that are vague to me.
I haven’t really found the exact requirements, but didn’t try super hard.
We get very few disconnects, and don’t have a specific routine for
returning them, it’s more of running a report and deciding when to export a
kill list.  We have a couple of customers with “too many” numbers that they
don’t use, and it doesn't seem to be an issue.  We simply charge a trivial
amount to keep them active.  But these are business customers with dozens
or hundreds of numbers and active service.

I think from a business perspective I’d recommend that you have some sort
of maintenance mode to suspend service but keep the number, just a few
bucks a month.