[VoiceOps] All carriers must get their STIR/SHAKEN certificate by June 30th!

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed May 31 16:03:06 EDT 2023

Anytime your customer uses a DID or Telephone Number to make a phone
call to another party, that is an originating voice service. If the
network you use / lease operates via a VOIP (Voice Over Internet
Protocol) switch then you must have a STIR / SHAKEN certificate. If the
underlying carrier you use has a direct trunking connection with the
local ILEC / RBOC then you're most likely delivering via a PSTN
connection.

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969