[VoiceOps] IPAWS/FEMA National Test - VoWIFI

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Oct 4 17:07:32 EDT 2023

I now have a counter report that the Cellular Control Channel necessary to get
these alerts to a cellphone *is not proxied by carrier WIFI-connect*, by design.

I'm familiar with his credentials, and I'll assume he knows what he's talking about,
cause *I* know what he's talking about, and he sounds like he's talking sense.  :-)

Thanks to everyone who responded.

If you *did* get an alert, *and you know you were not in range of ANY cell network*,
only WIFI proxy, that wasn't supposed to be possible and I would still like to hear
about that.

Cheers,
-- jr 'just zis guy, you know?' a